Turn Off Auto Update In Windows 10:- Windows operating system by far has proved itself among the users that it is the best operating system available till date. This is due to the fact that it provides you a whole lot of features in order to keep your system fully functional as well as secure. Windows has moved a lot form where it started once. Many upgraded features are provided with every Window update. Now in this post i’m targeting the users who basically use the Windows 10 Operating system. The Windows 10 Operating system is one of the most latest and most functional Windows. But most of the users today face the auto update problem with the windows 10. So in this article today i’m going to tell you how to turn off auto update in windows 10.
HOW TO TURN OFF AUTO UPDATE IN WINDOWS 10
Now before getting towards how to turn off auto update in windows 10 let’s quickly take a look at why there is a need to turn off auto update in windows 10. The earlier version of windows also provided the auto update function but with a twist that we can turn off auto update and use it whenever we need it. Auto update is a very strong feature which helps us to get all the updates regarding the device automatically and lets our device perform smoothly. But many times we just don’t need an auto update feature and it gets annoying some times. For that purpose this post will tell you how to turn off auto update in windows 10. Since the windows 10 does not provide any official way to turn off auto update therefore we have to do it manually using some simple steps and with the help of some tools.
Given below are some methods by which you can easily turn off auto update in windows 10.
The first method is a manual method in which you have to follow some easy steps to turn off auto update in windows 10 which are given as follows:
- Go to Control Panel.
- Click on the Administrative Tools.
- In the administrative tools, access services.
- A services window will pop out, just scroll down to windows update and turn off process.
- Inorder to turn it off just right click on processes and go to properties.
- In the general option go to Startup type and click on disabled option.
- You’re done with how to turn off auto update in windows 10.
- To get the updates follow the same procedure and click on the enabled option.
To turn off auto update in widows 10 we can also use a tool which is a Microsoft tool and is named as the “Show or Hide Updates” tool. Just follow the easy guide to turn of auto update in Windows 10 using the Microsoft tool.
- First of all Download the “show or hide update” tool from the Microsoft.
- After downloading the tool install it in your device.
- The Tool automatically search for available updates and will hide the updates.
- This will allow the windows 10 to prevent windows update for that package.
- This is all you have to do. You’re done.
So this was all about how to turn off auto update in windows 10. Now you can also easily turn off the auto update in windows 10 using the methods provided above. For Further doubts and queries regarding how to turn off auto update in windows 10 please feel free to share via comments. Thank you…