How to Hide Folders Using cmd
Hide Files and Folders Using Command Prompt: Privacy is something what every one wants to have. Every one today wants to have their data and files secure so that no one can use or see them without his permission. There are many apps and software available to hide files and folders in Windows. But there is a way to hide files and folders without using any third party app or software. This article explains how to hide folders using cmd in Windows.
Windows App Store Not Opening : Fixed
How to Hide Folders in Windows Using cmd
One of the best methods to hide folders in Windows using cmd is to use Attrib command, Which is explained below.
- Go to “Run” by pressing Windows + R key and type “cmd”.
- Now navigate to drive in which the folder to be hidden is located. Here Drive G contains the folder which is to be hide.
- Type “attrib +h +s +r Folder name” to hide the folder. For example I have to hide the folder “Inforaid”, so I typed “ attrib +h +s +r Inforaid” and press “Enter”. This will hide your folder and hence no one can use it except you.
You can also hide files in Windows using cmd method by above method. If you hide any folder, all files inside them are also hidden. If you want to use these hidden files and folders again you have to unhide them by steps below.
How to unhide a Folder using Command Prompt.
- Go to Command Prompt as mentioned previously and navigate to Drive where the hidden folder is located.
How to Fix Google Play Store Error 110
- Type “ attrib –h –s –r Folder Name” and press “Enter”. For example I have hidden folder “Inforaid” so to unhide this I typed “attrib –h –s –r Inforaid” and pressed Enter. Now your folder will be visible.
You can hide your files and folder by using the properties options of the files and folders, but disadvantage of this method is that anyone can use these hidden files and folders from “View” options. Download Gunship battle Helicopter 3D with unlimited money and gold
However no one can see or use files and folder hidden by using Command Prompt method. Hence it is safer to hide folders in Windows using cmd. So there is an advantage of security and privacy in this method over properties changing method. I discussed how to hide folders in Windows using cmd, because it is much safer and also easy. The reason why I discussed to hide folders in Windows using cmd is because only you know the name of files or folders hidden. So only you will be able to unhide that file/folder to view it later.How to Fix SSL Connection Error
For any queries and help contact us via comments. Thank You….
- How to Hide Files and Folders in Windows XP
- How to Hide Files and Folders in Windows 7/Vista
- Hide Files and Folders in Windows 8/8.1
- How to protect files and folders in Windows
- Make Files invisible in Windows using cmd
- Hide files and folders using cmd in Windows
- How to hide folders in Windows using cmd
- How to hide Folders in Windows using command prompt
- Protect your data from others in Windows 8/8.1/7/XP/Vista