How To Fix com.google.process.gapps Android Error: Android as we all know is one of the most famous and powerful operating system present till date. The widespread popularity is due to the availability of one of the most user friendly app stores i.e The “Google Playstore”. Another point which backs the popularity of this OS is that the Android OS is the OS designed by Google itself. Now according to the Carnot engine “Nothing works with 100% efficiency” similarly this app store has also got some errors associated with it.
At times it happens that after downloading the app store we get an error saying that “unfortunately the process gapps has stopped working” or “Google playstore not working”. This error basically occurs when we are trying to add an account to the play store or we are trying to open any app including the browser. The error has to do nothing with the Smartphone you are using. Any Smartphone, no matter how costly it is can face this error. So if anyone of you is facing this error then you are at the right place as this article tells you how to fix com.google.process.gapps android error. Following are some easy and 100% working tips:
How To Fix com.google.process.gapps Android Error:
The first method you can use to fix the issue is to disable the download manager you are using. If you don’t have any idea regarding the app which is creating the mess then you can straightly disable the Downloads option which is available in your Smartphone. Please keep in mind you have to disable the “downloads” not the “download manager”. All you have to do is just follow the simple steps:
- First of all open the “settings”
- Head on to the “Apps” option and click on it.
- You’ll have 3 categories namely: Downloaded, Running, All. Slide to the “All” option and search for the “Downloads” application
- Click on the “Downloads” application and “Disable” the application
- After which you can enable it again after some time.
Clear Cache and Data For the Infected app:
Now if you know the particular app which is the creating the problem then you can apply this method. It may happen that some specific app is showing the error repeatedly. In this method all you have to do is to clear the cache and data for the infected app and if doing this does not help then you may uninstall the app and install it again. All you have to do is:
- Go to the “settings” option
- Head on to the “apps” option
- Choose the threatening app and clear data and cache.
- If this is not enough to solve the problem, “uninstall” the app and re-install it again from the Google play store.
Now another tip which will help you to fix the error is to reset your app preferences. The procedure is the same as above:
- After opening the apps, you’ll see a “menu” option at the right hand top corner, press on that option and you’ll see the “Reset App Preferences”, Just click on that and you’re done.
- This will bring the settings of your Smartphone to square one.
So this was all about how to fix com.google.process.gapps android error. In the end just would like to conclude by saying that follow the guide and you’ll never face it again. For further doubts and queries please feel free to share via comments..