How to downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 7/8.1: If you are using Windows 10, it must have come to your knowledge whether to continue with Windows 10 or not. You have known whether it is suitable for you or not? If it is not going good for you with Windows 10, you can always downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 7 or Windows 8. This article will enable you downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 8.1/7 easily.
Windows 10 has some great features such as Edge browser, Windows Hello, Device Guard, Antimalware Scan Interface, Virtual Desktop etc. however some people would love the habit and comfort of using their previous Windows versions. Depending on the method of upgrade to Windows 10, the downgrade to Windows from Windows 10 to Windows 8.1/8/7 can be different as well. Let’s have a look on the steps to rollback from Windows 10 to Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1.
Fix Windows 10 installation error 80240020
How to Downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 7/8/8.1
Microsoft has provided an option for rollback from Windows 10 to Windows 7/8/8.1, if user is not satisfied with Windows 10. You can always uninstall the upgrade and rollback to the previous versions of Windows 7/8/8.1. There are two methods to downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 7 or Windows 8 depending on the type of upgrade.
How to create system restore point in Windows 10/8.1/7
If you have upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 using Windows update, than follow the steps below to downgrade from Windows 10 to previous version of Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1
- Open PC Settings by typing Settings in search bar
- Now select “Update and Security” >> Recovery
- Select “ Go back to previous version of Windows” as shown in figure.
- You will be asked for feedback and the reason to uninstall Windows 10. Give your feedback and click Next.
- You will see a new windows telling “ You can’t go back on battery power alone. Plug in your PC and then try again, If you are a laptop user.
- Close this window and click on “Go back to Windows 8.1 button” (Windows version may be 7 or 8 for respective users).
- After a while you will successfully downgrade from Windows 10 to previous version of Windows. Also take note of important warning saying “If you used a password to sign in to Windows 8.1/8/7, make sure you know it. You won’t be able to sign in without it.”
If you installed Windows 10 using a DVD/thumb drive than you can downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 7 or Windows 8 using the same method.
How to lock USB Port with password protection
Important: Take a backup of your data and important files
- Get a bootable DVD/USB of Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1.
- Insert the disc into DVD or USB drive and restart/switch on your PC.
- Alter booting process as suitable depending on your bootable disc from BIOS menu
- Press any key when asked to press a key to enable booting from your DVD or USB drive.
- Provide your language, time and timezone and other details and press Next
- Now select custom option on next step and follow the instructions after that.
After completion of install you are done on downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 7 or Windows 8. Enjoy your older Windows as earlier. For any other query comment below. Thank You…