How to hide Whatsapp images from Gallery in Android: Whatsapp is arguably the most popular and widely used messaging app globally. Almost all of us use Whatsapp for chatting with our friends. The user friendly interface and its features make Whatsapp a perfect messaging app and that’s why it is most popular among all the apps. We all use many images and videos while chatting on Whatsapp. There may be some images which we would not like to show anyone else. Our chat may be as funny as nothing but it can be some personal images also. Our device can be used by our family members or anyone else at sometime. So we would love to hide Whatsapp images from gallery in Android. This article will guide you on how to hide Whatsapp images from gallery in Android. Similarly you can also get back your Whatsapp images or videos in to gallery of your Android smartphone anytime you want. Hence be free of any doubt before hiding your whatsapp images and videos from gallery of your Android.
How to Hide Whatsapp images from gallery in Android
- Go to File Manager of your device. If your device doesn’t has inbuilt file manager, you can use any file manager such as ES File Manager or Astro File Manager available on Google Play Store.
- Now in File Manager go to Whatsapp folder >> Media >> Whatsapp Images
- Now at the bottom left corner click the + icon >> Select File option
- Name the new file as .nomedia and you are done. Now go to Gallery, you will not see your Whatsapp images there. If your Whatsapp images are still there just Clear the Cache and Data.
You can also hide Whatsapp images from gallery in Android by a second method discussed below
How to Unblock yourself from someone’s Whatsapp
- Go to File Manager >> Whatsapp >> Media >> Whatsapp Images
- Now long press the Whatsapp Images folder and select Rename
- Rename the Whatsapp Images folder to .Whatsapp Images by prefixing (.) in the beginning.
- It will hide Whatsapp Images from Gallery on your Android
Note: Both of above methods will also work to hide Whatsapp Videos from gallery in Android.
Now if you want to get back Whatsapp Images in gallery on your Android follow the steps below:
How to use Whatsapp without Phone Number
- Just delete the .nomedia file created in the whatsapp directory, if you have followed the first method. This will show Whatsapp images in gallery of Android.
- If you have followed the second method to hide Whatsapp images from gallery in Android rename the .Whatsapp images folder back to Whatsapp Images.
How to disable Blue Ticks in Whatsapp
Hope this article on how to hide Whatsapp images from gallery in Android helped you. If you have any other query, let us know by commenting below.