Format an Unformattable Pen Drive:- Pen drives play a very vital role in our day to day life. We can store our important documents, assignments and a lot more things which are very important for us. Now the pen drives just like our computer system are prone to vrious malware and virus attacks. Due to these virus attacks these pen drives start functioning abnormally. In this article today i’m going to talk about one such problem related to these pen drives and i’m going to tell you how to format an Unformattable pen drive.
How To Format an Unformattable Pen Drive
Now before getting towards how to format an unformattable pen drive, let’s quickly discuss why a pen drive becomes unformattable. Many a times while formatting a pendrive an error message saying that “Windows was unable to complete the format”. The error message basically arises if your pendrive is infected with some virus attack. The error is more annoying when you want some data in your drive and you don’t have space in that pen drive and you can’t even format it. Here in this article today i’m giving you some easy steps to format an unformattable pen drive.
- First of all to format an unformattable pen drive you have to open command prompt. Before doing this make sure that the pen drive is connected to your PC.
- Now the cmd should be run in an administrator mode.
- To do this go to start menu search for cmd.exe and right click on it and there you’ll find the option to run as administrator.
- Now in the cmd type “DISKPART” and hit enter.
- New space comes type “LIST DISK” there and hit enter.
- Now you will see the list of storage devices named as Disk 0, Disk1 and so on.
- Now whichever of the disk is your pen drive. Type its name along with select. e.g “SELECT DISK2”.
- After which you have to type “ATTRIBUTES DISK CLEAR RANDOMLY” and press enter.
- Again type “CLEAN” and press enter.
- Now minimize the cmd prompt. Go to control panel > system and security > Administrative tools > Create and format hard disk partitions.
- Now select your disk (i.e DISK2 for me) and right click on it.
- Last but not the least, select “New Simple Volume” and follow the instructions given.
- You’re done with how to format an unformattable pen drive.
So this was all about how to format an unformattable pen drive. in the end just would to conclude by saying that for further doubts and queries regarding how to format an unformattable pen drive please feel free to share via comments. Thank you..