Fix Windows Update Error 8024402F :-Windows although is one of the best Operating systems available till date but it gets annoying when you start facing the other side of the OS i.e. the errors associated with the Windows OS. One such error is the Windows Update error which most of the users using windows 7 and 8 face. This error sometimes gets fixed automatically but otherwise if it doesn’t then it becomes a point of concern. So in this article i’ll tell you how to fix windows update error 8024402F.
Fix Windows Update Error 8024402F:
Now before getting towards how to fix windows update error 8024402F lets quickly take a look at what this error is all about and how it arises? Whenever you try to check for updates for your windows PC then after some time an error message flashes saying “Windows update error 8024402F”. The most common reasons of this error may be bad internet connection, date and time not correct, firewall activated etc. So These may be the most common points due to which the windows update error may strike your PC. Now let’s take a look at how to fix windows update error 8024402F.
Given below are some easy methods to fix windows update error 8024402F:
The first method to fix windows update error 8024402F is given below:
- Go to Control panel.
- Inside the control panel select “system and security” and go to “Windows update”.
- Now change the settings of windows update to “Never check for updates”.
- Under the settings option there are two other sub headings saying “Recommended Updates” and “Microsoft Updates”. Just Uncheck on both the blocks given under these subheadings.
- You’re done.
- Check for updates manually and after updating your windows you can restore the settings as they were.
The second method to fix windows update error 8024402F is given below:
- Go to control panel.
- Select “Clock Language and Region”
- Now click on “Date and Time”.
- Now in a new window you’ll get the option to change date and time. Set the correct date and time and click ok.
- Do the same for the locations and set the correct location.
- You can restart your PC for the changes to occur.
- You’re done.
So this was all about how to fix windows update error 8024402F. For further doubts and queries regarding how to fix windows update error 8024402F please feel free to share your views via comments. Thank You..