How to Fix error 80240020 while installing Windows 10 free upgrade: The most awaited Windows 10 has arrived with a boom. Millions of people are downloading and installing Windows 10 as their new operating system. However there are few errors associated with the installation and upgrade of Windows 10. One such error is the Windows 10 error code 80240020 during installation of Windows 10 free upgrade. However if you are also facing this Windows 10 installation error 80240020, than this article is for you. This article will guide you to fix Windows 10 error 80240020 during installation of Windows 10 free upgrade. Just follow the step mentioned below to fix Windows 10 error 80240020 while installing Windows 10 free upgrade easily.
The reason for the Windows 10 installation error 80240020 in Windows 10 may be due to overloaded Microsoft servers. Which result in incomplete or corrupt download files on your PC. When this Windows 10 installation error 80240020 while installing Windows 10 upgrade pops up on your system’s screen, you will be prompted to restart your system for the update to take effect. However restarting your computer will not fix the Windows 10 installation error 80240020. Follow the below mentioned guide to fix error code 80240020 while installing Windows 10 free upgrade.
How to fix Error 0xc000000f in Windows
How to fix Windows 10 installation Error 80240020
First of all you must have reserved a free copy of Windows 10. Enable the option, receive updates automatically and run Windows update.
Fix Error 80240020 while installing Windows 10 free upgrade
- Go to Local Disk C: >> move to $Windows.~BT folder >> Delete as many files and folder as possible. Some files can’t be deleted due to permissions issue.
Note: Check Hidden items section to ensure all files are shown to you.
- Go to C: >> Windows >> Software Distribution >> Download folder >> Delete everything in this folder
- Now run Command Prompt in Administrator mode. Go to Start Menu and search cmd >> Right click on it and select run as Administrator
- Now type wuauclt.exe /updatenow and press enter
- Wait for few minutes and check for updates. Windows 10 download should automatically start. Once download is completed, it will start “preparing for Installation”, after which you can try installing Windows 10 free update again
- Now you will see a window saying “Your upgrade to Windows 10 is ready”. Now tap the Restart Now or Start the Upgrade now button on screen.
- After a system reboot Windows 10 installation should begin automatically comprising three phases as copying files, installing features and drivers, and configuring settings.
- Your system will reboot several times during this process and will complete in about 10 to 15 minutes depending upon the files size and processing speed of your computer.
- After completion follow the instructions on the welcome screen and enter to the login screen. Enter your username and password to boot into fresh Windows 10 desktop.
How to fix error 651 in Windows 8
This is all you have to do to fix Windows 10 installation error 80240020 while installing Windows 10 free upgrade. Hope this article helped you to fix Windows 10 installation error 80240020 successfully. Please do share with your friends if it worked for you. Thank You…….
If you are still facing the Windows 10 installation error 80240020 while installing Windows 10 free upgrade, comment below. We will try to sort it out….