How to Fix Error 651 in Windows 8:- Windows 8 although was a fresh look as it was given a tiled interface but somehow was unable to captivate the crowd because of few changes made to the user interface of the OS. The unavailability of the start icon somehow disappointed a lot of users. Also the tiled interface was a bit confusing to a whole lot of users. So although the windows 8 was given a professional look but at the same time it was a very controversial release from the Microsoft. In this article I’m going to discuss about one such error related to the Windows 8. So this article tells you how to fix error 651 in windows 8.
How to Fix Error 651 in Windows 8:
So before getting towards how to fix error 651 in windows 8 let’s quickly take a look at what does this error means and how it is caused? Many errors are there which you face while using windows OS. One such error is caused while using internet to your PC or laptop. So while connecting to internet in your PC with windows 8 in action you may face at times an error message saying that the “Modem has reported an error”. This is what we call error 651 in windows 8. So in this article I’m going to discuss some simple steps to fix error 651 in windows 8.
You can also see:
How to Fix Error 805a811 in Windows
How to Fix Error 0xc000000f in Windows
Given below are some simple steps to fix error 651 in windows 8:
Safe Mode Boot with Networking:
In order to fix error 651 in windows 8 using safe mode boot follow the easy guide:
- First of all boot your PC in safe mode
- Open run window by pressing “windows+R”.
- After which type “MSCONFIG” and click “ok”.
- Now under the boot options click “boot tab”
- Now choose safe boot
- Tick the network checkbox and click “ok”.
- After which you can restart your computer and see if it fixes the issue.
Fix Regsvr32 rasppoe.sys:
Regsvr32 rasppoe.sys is the main cause of the error 651. Any error in registry may cause error 651 to your PC or laptop. To check whether this file is having a problem or not just open command prompt and type regsvr32 rasppoe.sys and click ok. If the file is failed to load then there must be some problem associated with the file. Now what you can do is you can download a new copy of the file from the link given given below:
Download File from here
After downloading the file from the link given above unzip the file and follow the steps given below:
- Go to my computer.
- Locate C drive and open the windows folder.
- Now slide to the system 32 folder and open the drivers folders.
- Locate the old rasppoe.sys file and paste the contents for the new downloaded rasspoe.sys after unzipping the downloaded folder.
- After which you can restart your computer and you’ll see that you are successfully done with how to fix error 651 in windows 8.
So this was all about how to fix error 651 in windows 8. In the end just would like to conclude by saying that follow the easy guide and you’ll never face the error again in your life. For further doubts and queries regarding how to fix error 651 in windows please feel free to share via comments. Thank you..