How to fix error 3194 in iTunes while restoring or updating your iPhone? Error 3194 in iTunes comes while updating or restoring your iPhone or iPad from iTunes. Due to this error 3194 in iTunes, you will not be able to update iOS or restore your iOS from iTunes. So it is important to fix the Error 3194 in iTunes to remain in tune with Apple’s software update server. In this article, we will discuss how to fix Error 3194 in iTunes while restoring or updating iPhone or iPad in detail. After reading this article you will surely resolve error 3194 in iTunes while updating iOS.
The main reason for Error 3194 iTunes is iTunes disability to communicate with Apple’s software update server. This reason also cause Error 17, Error 1639, Errors 3000-3020, Errors 3100-3999 ad error: this device isn’t eligible for the requested build. Error 3194 in iTunes also occurs if it is a Jailbreak iPhone. Jailbreak cause the communication between iTunes and software update server blocked by changing host name hence causing the error 3194 in iTunes during iOS update or restore. This article will guide you to fix error 3194 in iTunes. These steps will also fix error 17 in iTunes or error 1639 in iTunes as well as errors 3000-3020 and errors 3100-3999 easily.
How to Fix Error 1669 while restoring iPhone
How to Fix Error 3194 in iTunes
First of all make sure that you have latest version of iTunes. If not, update to latest version of iTunes here. After updating your iTunes follow the steps below to fix Error 3194 in iTunes while updating or restoring your iPhone/iPad.
Check your Hosts file
Hosts Files are used by OS of the system to map hostname to IP address. Hosts files are very important to connect your computer to the Apple update server.
For Windows User
In Windows 8/8.1/10: Open Notepad and paste the following text (Bold) into the file.
# Copyright (c) 1993-2006 Microsoft Corp.
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a ‘#’ symbol.
# For example:
# 188.8.131.52 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 184.108.40.206 x.acme.com # x client host
# localhost name resolution is handle within DNS itself.
# 127.0.0.1 localhost
# ::1 localhost
- Now on the File menu, click Save as and type “hosts” in the File Name box, save the file to the desktop and close Notepad
- Now go to run and type %WinDir%\System32\Drivers\Etc >> Click OK
- Select the Hosts File >> Rename the file as “Hosts.old”
- Now copy the file created earlier (in Step 3) to %WinDir%\System32\Drivers\Etc folder. Click Continue if you are prompted for administrator password.
How to fix unresponsive touch screen in iPhone/iPad/iPod touch
For Microsoft Windows 7/XP/Vista: You can download Fix it wizard to reset hosts file in Windows to default automatically. Click Fix it button >> Run the file downloaded in dialog box and follow the steps. Download Fix it wizard here.
You can also reset hosts file manually from this guide. Click Here.
For Mac Users
- Go to Finder >> Applications >> Utilities >> Terminal
- Now type the command given below and press Enter/Return.
sudo nano /private/etc/hosts
- Enter your password credentials and press Return (You’ll not see text appear in the Terminal Window while typing your password)
- Terminal displays the hosts file. If not, make sure that you are using a nonblank administrator password.
- Navigate to “gs.apple.com” >> add # symbol and a space (“# “) to the beginning of gs.apple.com entry. (If you don’t see any entry containing gs.apple.com, then the hosts file is not related to the error 3194 in iTunes. In this case close the Terminal and see the next method to fix error 3194 in iTunes discussed below in this article.)
- Save the file by pressing Control-O and press Return when asked for the file name
- Now press Control-X to exit the editor and restart your Mac.
- Now try to update or restore your iOS again, error 3194 in iTunes might have been gone.
Address TCP/IP Filtering
- Make sure that you have a working Internet connection.
- Bypass your Internet router. Disconnect from your wired or wireless router and use an Ethernet cable to connect your computer directly to your modem.
- Restart your computer and modem. You can contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and www.apple.com for more help.
Temporarily Disable Firewall or Security Software
Temporarily disabling firewall or security software may fix error 3194 in iTunes as some firewall software block access to iTunes. how to uninstall iTunes from Mac OS X
Restore or Update iOS from another computer
Try to restore or update your iOS from another computer with proper Internet connection. This will fix the issue of error 3194 in iTunes if it was arising due to communication with the update server.
Hope this article helped you to fix the error 3194 in iTunes. If you have any other query, please share with us by commenting below. Also don’t forget to share this article with your friends. Thank You.