How To Download Cydia On iPhone 4: Cydia is an app for jailbroken iPhones. Its like Apple’s AppStore. It has apps, games and enhancements to make your iPhone better. If you want to install Cydia on your iPhone 4, follow our guide below.
Cydia For iPhone 4
Cydia can be installed easily by jailbreaking your iPhone 4. It already comes bundled with the jailbreak process.For iOS 7.1.1 iPhone 4 users, you can Semi untethered jailbreak using this method here. Be warned that by jailbreaking your iPhone, you lose your warranty. You can easily un-jailbreak if you want.
Related: How to Format Your iPhone 4S
How To Download Cydia On iPhone 4
- Jailbreak your iPhone 4 (see tutorial here).
- After the jailbreak, you should be connected to a network for Cydia to complete its installation.
- You should see the Cydia icon on your homescreen. Touch it.
- Cydia will open and will automatically update all default repositories.
- Let Cydia complete all the updates.
- After Cydia has updated, you will be presented with the “Who are you?” screen.
- Choose which type you are (user, hacker or developer). For the average iPhone 4 owner, choose “user”.
- Press “Done” and let Cydia update all its applications. It is recommended to chose “Complete Update”.
- Do not forget to get “appsync” on your iPhone 4. This allows you to sync apps using iTunes.
- When updating is done, you can now use Cydia.
Cydia On iPhone 4
Add Repositories to Cydia
Repositories are Cydia’s apps store houses. You can easily add more repositories to Cydia which will increase the number of apps and games you can install on your iPhone 4. To do this, follow the instruction below.
- Open Cydia.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap “Sources”.
- On the upper right hand corner, tap “Edit”.
- Next tap “Add”
- Type in the repositories’ URL and tap “Add Source”.
- Cydia will then add the new repository and download the content of the added repository.
See: List of Cydia Repositories
Benefits of having Cydia on your Jailbroken iPhone 4
With Cydia on installed on your iPhone 4, you can download Cydia apps. Cydia apps add functionalities to your iPhone 4 not available on un-jailbroken iPhones. You can also download and install paid apps for free. We do not recommend doing this. We do not condone piracy but you can do this using Cydia.
Cydia also allows you to customize your iPhone. You can download themes using Cydia. Themes can completely transform your iphone 4. By customizing your iPhone 4, you make it totally personal and unique.
Related: How to Format iPhone 4S
Warranty voided when Jailbreaking
Remember that your warranty will be voided when you Jailbreak your iPhone. If for whatever reason you want to un-jailbreak your iPhone, this can be easily done using iTunes. You just have to connect your iPhone 4 to your computer. Your computer will recognize your iPhone 4. iTunes will automatically open. You can use the “restore” or “update” button to un-jailbreak your iPhone 4.
Un-jailbreak iPhone 4
If you enjoyed reading our guide on how to download cydia on iPhone 4, do let us know and tell your friends about it.