How to create system restore point in Windows: Windows restore point is very important built-in tool that helps you to restore your windows system to previous good state. System Restore allows you to restore your computer to a previous good state. A Restore point is representation of a stored state of your computer’s system files. These Restore points are created automatically by System Restore weekly and when System Restore detects the beginning of a change to your computer like when you install a program or a driver on your computer. A System Restore point lets you select you select a point in time when your computer is working as you want. This article will guide you to create system restore point in Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP/Vista and Windows 10 easily.
If you are thinking to install any application or drivers on your computer and don’t know how this will affect your system than it is recommended to create system restore point before installation of applications or drivers.
How to hide folders in Windows using cmd
A system restore point is easy to make in all windows operating systems like Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10.System Restore is sometimes also called as System Protection. In this article we have discussed how to create System Restore point in Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 Windows 8 and Windows 10.
How to Create System Restore Point in Windows XP
Restore Point may be created by following these simple steps as discussed below:
- First of all close all the other programs.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > click System Restore. The System Restore wizard opens.
- Click on Create a Restore Point > click Next.
- In the next step type description for the restore point in Restore Point Description box.
- To finish creating restore point, click the Create button. The system Restore wizard notifies when restore point is created.
- You have successfully created a system restore point.
How to Enable/Disable Remote Desktop Connection in Windows 10/8/8.1
NOTE: If System Restore does not opens than it might be turned off. You must turn on the System Restore feature by these simple steps
- Click Start, go to Control Panel, and than double click on System.
- Select on System Restore tab.
- Check if Turn Off System Restore Check box is not selected or Turn off System Restore on all Drives check box is not selected.
- Click OK.
How to Create a System Restore Point in Windows 8.1/8/7/Vista
Steps to create a system restore point in windows Vista/7/8 is same leaving the first step. Only difference is in opening windows explorer.
In Windows 8 press “Windows key + E” to open windows explorer, select computer and right click on it to open Properties.
How to Disable login Screen in Windows 10
In Windows 7 or vista click Start menu, go to computer and right click on it and select properties.
- This will open system in control panel. Now click on System Protection link and select System Protection tab
- Click on Create button to create a new restore point. Give description which will be easier to identify later when needed.
- After giving description click on create button. System will start creating the restore point.
- When finished, you will be notified that the restore point was created successfully.
How to create System restore point in Windows 10
Windows 10 creates system restore point automatically when you install or uninstall application from Windows. But it is recommended to make a restore point of Windows periodically for good results.
How to Fix Error 651 in Windows 8
Making a system restore point in Windows 10
- Follow the steps as mentioned for Windows 8
Now your System restore point is created and you can use it when there is any error in windows. Hopefully you will never need to use it but it is better to be prepared. This is enough to guide you to create system restore point in Windows, let it be Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or the latest Windows 10.
How to hide drives in Windows
If you have any other query, Let us know by commenting below.