How to Check Health of Hard Disk: Computer system is like a boon to the present generation. Almost everything nowadays can be done using a computer system. Also as the time is passing, the systems are also getting updated day by day and are becoming more and more powerful. Everyday technology is getting a new update. So in this era of technical importance we should be very careful in taking care of our computer systems either it is a desktop or a laptop or even a mobile system. So in this article we’ll tell how to check the health of hard disk.
How to check health of hard drive : Now one of the most important units in the computer network is the hard drive. The hard drive is basically the unit which stores all the stuff a user wishes to store in his computer system. So basically whenever we say memory of a computer system, keep it mind we are talking about the hard disk. Now this unit should be taken special care of as no one wants his or her data to get lost. So in this article we’ll discuss how to check health of hard disk or how to check whether your hard disk is infected or not. The following symptoms are:
- If the hard drive is extremely slow
- If copying or deleting data is taking too long
- Operating system unable to boot etc.
How to Check Health of Hard Disk : Best Working Methods
Now there are various methods by which you can make sure that weather your hard drive is infected or not out of which some of them are as follows:
- First method is the manual method and is done using the command prompt. Just open command prompt from your start menu, after which type “wmic” and hit enter and again type “diskdrive get status”. If your hard drive is infected it will show else it will show “status ok”.
- Next all the methods are using some software tools. First of which is Users running Microsoft Windows who’re still able to get into Windows can utilize the already installed disk checking tool “Scandisk” to find and repair any errors on their hard drive.
- Another software tool that is absolutely and is an open source utility is the “TestDisk”, which is also used to efficiently fix different hard drive errors.
- Another software utility which is used to check the status of the hard disk is the “HDD Health”. HDD health is yet another tool that utilizes S.M.A.R.T technology to describe the details of any hard drive and the overall health of the hard drive. Get HDD Health Tool for your system – Click to download
Screenshot of HDD Health Tool
- If the above given methods are not able to detect the problem, and also the hard disk is not working properly then we recommend to change the hard disk on time.
So in this article we discussed about how to check health of hard disk. Several tips regarding how to check the status of the hard disk are provided and hope these will solve your problem. In the end just would like to conclude by saying that if you have any other methods or tips regarding how to check health of hard disk then please feel free to share it with us via comments.
For any doubts and queries feel free to share via comments….Thanks