How to fix Windows 10 Blue Screen of death errors: You may have faced the Blue screen of death (BSOD) errors on previous Windows versions. Windows 10 is also not free from the Blue screen of death error. Some users are facing Blue Screen of death in Windows 10 while upgrading the OS, booting, or working on your PC. There are Black screen problems also seen on Windows 10. In this article we will discuss how to fix Windows 10 Blue screen of death error in Windows 10. After reading this article you will be able to fix Blue screen of death in Windows 10.
Windows 10 Blue Screen of Death error during installation
There are users who have faced Blue screen of death error C1900101-20017 during installation of Windows 10. In this installer reboots the PC immediately after initializing the upgrade.
How to fix Windows 10 installation error 80240020 while installing Windows 10 free upgrade
How to fix Blue screen of death error C190010-20017 during installation
- Go to C: >> Windows >> Software Distribution >> Download >> delete all files in this folder
- Also delete the $Windows. ~BT folder located in the root directory of C drive
- Now perform a clean install of Windows by downloading the ISO files from Microsoft’s Website. Create bootable installation media via Microsoft media creation tool
- Now you have to correct few settings in the BIOS menu
- Disable all over clocking options for your processor, if you have set it higher than default values
- Now enable UEFI Boot from the BIOS under the Boot section of the BIOS menu. Now reboot the computer via installation media you created earlier. You have fixed the Blue screen of death error C1900101-20017 in Windows 10.
Blue Screen of Death Error in Windows 10 while booting
The Windows 10 blue screen of death error while booting Windows 10 occurs mainly due to some Windows drivers or Update gone wrong.
For driver update problem remove the driver updates and block automatic driver updates from Microsoft. If Windows update is the problem follow steps below:
Also See: How to fix Windows Error 80072F8F
- Go to Settings >> Windows Updates >> Advanced >> installed updates
- Remove the updates after which the Blue screen of death in Windows 10 occured.
- Blue Screen of Death in Windows 10 while working on PC
It can also be due to a Windows update, driver update or recently installed hardware. If the reason is update than follow the above steps.
How to fix Error code 80072ee7 in Windows
If hardware installed recently is causing the problem than shut down your PC and remove the hardware. Now Boot your PC >> go to Device Manager (Win Key + Break), if the hardware is still listed there, uninstall it and reboot your system.
Hope this article had helped you to fix Blue Screen of Death error in Windows 10. If you have any other issue regarding Windows 10 Blue screen of Death error in Windows 10, share the issue with us by commenting below. We will try to fix it for you.